(a) The purpose of this part is to provide uniformity and order in:
(1) Holding Secretarial elections for voting on proposed constitutions when tribes wish to reorganize,
(2) Adopting constitutional amendments,
(3) Ratifying and amending charters,
(4) Revoking constitutions, and
(5) Facilitating the calling of such elections by the Secretary under provisions of a Federal Statute.
(b) This part may also be used as a guideline by tribes wishing to hold constitutional elections that are not held pursuant to a Federal Statute.
(c) Where a discrepancy might appear to exist between these regulations and a specific requirement of the statute governing the reorganization of a tribe or ratification and amendment of charters, the regulations shall be interpreted to conform with the statute.
(d) As much as possible, Secretarial elections shall be scheduled so as to avoid their being held at the same time as tribal elections in order to avoid the confusion that results from different requirements for each kind of election.
Title 25 published on 2011-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.