27 CFR 17.23 - Application for employer identification number.

prev | next
§ 17.23 Application for employer identification number.
(a) Use Form SS-4. A claimant must obtain an employer identification number (EIN) by filing an application with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on IRS Form SS-4. Form SS-4 is available from the local IRS Service Center, from the IRS District Director, the IRS Web site at http://www.irs.gov or from the TTB National Revenue Center. The claimant must file this form with IRS in accordance with the instructions on the form.
(b) One EIN only. Each claimant must obtain and use only one EIN, regardless of the number of places of business for which a claim is filed under this part.

Title 27 published on 2014-04-01

no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code