(a)Daily records. A brewer shall maintain daily records of operations which show by quantity the following:
(1) Each kind of material received and used in the production of beer and cereal beverage (including the balling and the quantity of each type of material used in the production of wort or concentrated wort).
(2) Beer and cereal beverage produced (including water added after production is determined).
(3) Beer and cereal beverage transferred for and returned from bottling.
(4) Beer and cereal beverage transferred for and returned from racking.
(5) Beer and cereal beverage bottled.
(6) Beer and cereal beverage racked.
(7) Cereal beverage removed from the brewery.
(8) Beer removed for consumption or sale. For each removal, the record will show the date of removal, the person to whom the beer was shipped or delivered (not required for sales in quantities of one-half barrel or less for delivery at the brewery), and the quantities of beer removed in kegs and in bottles.
(9) Beer removed without payment of tax. For each removal, the record will show the date of removal, the person to whom the beer was shipped or delivered, and the quantities of beer removed in kegs, bottles, tanks, tank cars, tank trucks, tank ships, barges or deep tanks of vessels.
(10) Packaged beer used for laboratory samples at the brewery.
(11) Beer consumed at the brewery.
(12) Beer returned to the brewery from which removed.
(13) Beer returned to the brewery after removal from another brewery owned by the brewer.
(14) Beer reconditioned, used as material, or destroyed.
(15) Beer received from other breweries or received from pilot brewing plants.
(16) Beer and cereal beverage lost due to breakage, theft, casualty, or other unusual cause.
(17) Brewing materials sold or transferred to pilot brewing plants (including the name and address of the person to whom shipped or delivered) and brewing materials used in the manufacture of wort, wort concentrate, malt syrup, and malt extract for sale or removal.
(18) Record of tests of measuring devices.
(19) Beer purchased from other brewers in the purchasing brewer's barrels and kegs and such beer sold to other brewers.
(b)Daily summary records. A brewer shall maintain daily summaries of the following transactions:
(1) Beer and cereal beverage bottled;
(2) Beer and cereal beverage racked;
(3) Beer removed for consumption or sale;
(4) Beer returned to the brewery from which removed;
(5) Beer returned to the brewery after removal from another brewery owned by the brewer; and
(6) Brewing materials, beer and cereal beverage in process, and finished beer and cereal beverage on hand.
(Sec. 201, Pub. L. 85-859, 72 Stat. 1390, as amended, 1395, as amended (26 U.S.C. 5415, 5555))
[T.D. ATF-224, 51 FR 7673, Mar. 5, 1986; 51 FR 9190, Mar. 18, 1986; T.D. TTB-91, 76 FR 5478, Feb. 1, 2011]
Title 27 published on 2014-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 27.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.