28 CFR 2.66 - Revocation decision without hearing.
prev | next
(a) If the releasee agrees to the decision, the Commission may make a revocation decision without a hearing if—
(1) The alleged violation would be graded no higher than Category Two under the guidelines at § 2.20;
(2) The alleged violation is in any category under the guidelines at § 2.20 and the decision imposes the maximum sanction authorized by law; or
(3) The Commission determines that the releasee has already served sufficient time in custody as a sanction for the violation but that forfeiture of time on parole is necessary to provide an adequate period of supervision.
(1) Accepting the decision proposed by the Commission in the Notice of Eligibility for Expedited Revocation Procedure that the Commission sent to the releasee, thereby agreeing that the releasee does not contest the validity of the charge and waives a revocation hearing; or
(2) Offering in writing, before the finding of probable cause or at a probable cause hearing, not to contest the validity of the charge, to waive a revocation hearing, and to accept a decision that is at the bottom of the applicable guideline range as determined by the Commission if the violation would be graded no higher than Category Two under the guidelines at § 2.20, or is the maximum sanction authorized by law.
(c) An alleged violator's agreement under this provision shall not preclude the Commission from taking any action authorized by law or limit the statutory consequences of a revocation decision.
[72 FR 53115, Sept. 18, 2007]
Title 28 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.