(a) Any State or locality that wishes to participate in the program shall register with the BJA and request program enrollment materials. Registration forms will be available upon request. Participation in the program is wholly voluntary on the part of the State or locality.
(b) By electing to participate in the program, a State or locality agrees to do the following:
(1) Make program enrollment materials, including consent forms, available to interested motor vehicle owners;
(2) Collect completed consent forms;
(3) Provide enrolled motor vehicle owners with the decal(s), and license plate(s) applicable to their program condition or conditions and instructions governing program participation;
(4) Take the necessary steps to authorize law enforcement officials to stop motor vehicles enrolled in the program; and
(5) Comply with any other regulation(s) or guideline(s) governing participation in this program.
Title 28 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.