28 CFR 51.35 - Disposition of inappropriate submissions and resubmissions.
(a) When the Attorney General determines that a response on the merits of a submitted change is inappropriate, the Attorney General shall notify the submitting official in writing within the 60-day period that would have commenced for a determination on the merits and shall include an explanation of the reason why a response is not appropriate.
(1) Changes that do not affect voting (see§ 51.13);
(4) Changes that affect voting but are not subject to the requirement of section 5 (see§ 51.18);
(5) Changes that have been superseded or for which a determination is premature (see§§ 51.22, 51.61(b));
(7) Submissions by an inappropriate or unauthorized party or jurisdiction (see§ 51.23); and
(8) Deficient submissions (see§ 51.26(d)).
(c) Following such a notification by the Attorney General, a change shall be deemed resubmitted for section 5 review upon the Attorney General's receipt of a submission or other written information that renders the change appropriate for review on the merits (such as a notification from the submitting authority that a change previously determined to be premature has been formally adopted). Notice of the resubmission of a change affecting voting will be given to interested parties registered under § 51.32.
[Order 3262-2011, 76 FR 21246, Apr. 15, 2011]
Title 28 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.