28 CFR 541.41 - Institutional referral.
(a) The Warden shall submit a recommendation for referral of an inmate for placement in a control unit to the Regional Director in the region where the inmate is located.
(2) Any incident in which the inmate has expressed threats to the life or well-being of other persons.
(4) Any incident in which the inmate is involved in a disruption of the orderly operation of a prison, jail or other correctional institution.
(6) An escape attempt. Depending on the circumstances, an escape attempt, considered alone or together with an inmate's prior history, may warrant consideration for a control unit placement.
(7) The nature of the offense for which committed. An inmate may not be considered solely on the nature of the crime which resulted in that inmate's incarceration; however, the nature of the crime may be considered in combination with other factor(s) as described in paragraph (b) of this section.
(1) If the inmate shows evidence of significant mental disorder or major physical disabilities as documented in a mental health evaluation or a physical examination;
Title 28 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.