(a) Only the Executive Panel may release an inmate from a control unit. The following factors are considered in the evaluation of an inmate's readiness for release from a control unit:
(1) Relationship with other inmates and staff members, which demonstrates that the inmate is able to function in a less restrictive environment without posing a threat to others or to the orderly operation of the institution;
(2) Involvement in work and recreational activities and assignments;
(3) Adherence to institution guidelines and Bureau of Prisons rules and policy;
(4) Personal grooming and cleanliness; and
(5) Quarters sanitation.
(b) An inmate released from a control unit may be returned:
(1) To the institution from which the inmate was originally transferred;
(2) To another federal or non-federal institution; or
(3) Into the general population of the institution which has a control unit.
[49 FR 32991, Aug. 17, 1984, as amended at 60 FR 46485, Sept. 6, 1995]
Title 28 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.