(a) General requirements.(1) The safe working load of the overhead hoist, as determined by the manufacturer, shall be indicated on the hoist, and this safe working load shall not be exceeded.
(2) The supporting structure to which the hoist is attached shall have a safe working load equal to that of the hoist.
(3) The support shall be arranged so as to provide for free movement of the hoist and shall not restrict the hoist from lining itself up with the load.
(4) The hoist shall be installed only in locations that will permit the operator to stand clear of the load at all times.
(5) Air hoists shall be connected to an air supply of sufficient capacity and pressure to safely operate the hoist. All air hoses supplying air shall be positively connected to prevent their becoming disconnected during use.
(6) All overhead hoists in use shall meet the applicable requirements for construction, design, installation, testing, inspection, maintenance, and operation, as prescribed by the manufacturer.
(b) Specific requirements. [Reserved]
Title 29 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 29.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.