29 CFR 2400.5 - Notification.
(a) Notification of systems. The following procedures permit individuals to determine the types of systems of records maintained by OSHRC.
(1) Upon written request, OSHRC shall notify any individual whether a specific system named by him contains a record pertaining to him. See § 2400.6 for suggested form of request.
(2) Upon establishing or revising a system of records, OSHRC shall publish in the Federal Register a notice of the existence and character of the system of records. This notice shall contain the following information:
(vii) Routine uses of records maintained in the system, including categories of users and the purpose(s) of such uses;
(ix) Policies and practices for storing, retrieving, accessing, retaining, and disposing of records in the system;
(xi) Procedures by which an individual can be informed whether a system contains a record pertaining to himself, gain access to such record, and contest the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, relevance and necessity for retention of the record;
(3) OSHRC shall submit a report, in accordance with guidelines provided by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), in order to give advance notice to the Committee on Government Reform of the House of Representatives, the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs of the Senate, and OMB of any proposal to establish a new system of records or to significantly change an existing system of records.
(b) Notification of disclosure. OSHRC shall make reasonable efforts to serve notice on an individual before any record pertaining to the individual is made available to any person under compulsory legal process when such process becomes a matter of public record.
(1) OSHRC shall inform any person or other agency about any correction or notation of dispute made by OSHRC to any record that has been disclosed to the person or agency, if the correction or notation was made pursuant to § 2400.8, and an accounting of the disclosure was made pursuant to § 2400.4(c).
(2) In any disclosure to a person or other agency containing information about which the individual has filed a statement of disagreement and occurring after the statement was filed, OSHRC shall clearly note any portion of the record which is disputed and provide copies of the statement and, if OSHRC deems appropriate, copies of a concise statement of OSHRC's reasons for not making the requested amendments.
(d) Notification of new routine use. Any new or revised routine use of a system of records maintained by OSHRC shall be published in the Federal Register thirty (30) days before such use becomes operational. Interested persons may then submit written data, views, or arguments to OSHRC.
Title 29 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.