29 CFR 4043.27 - Distribution to a substantial owner.
(2) The total of all distributions made to the substantial owner within the one-year period ending with the date of such distribution exceeds $10,000;
(4) Immediately after the distribution, the plan has nonforfeitable benefits (as provided in § 4022.5) that are not funded.
(b) Initial information required. In addition to the information in § 4043.3(b), the notice shall include—
(1) The name, address and telephone number of the substantial owner receiving the distribution(s); and
(1) Distribution up to section 415 limit. Notice is waived if the total of all distributions made to the substantial owner within the one-year period ending with the date of the distribution does not exceed the limitation (as of the date the reportable event occurs) under section 415(b)(1)(A) of the Code (as adjusted in accordance with section 415(d)) when expressed as an annual benefit in the form of a straight life annuity to a participant beginning at Social Security retirement age ($120,000 for calendar year 1996).
(i) No variable rate premium. No variable rate premium is required to be paid for the plan for the event year;
(ii) No unfunded vested benefits. As of the testing date for the event year, the plan would have no unfunded vested benefits if unfunded vested benefits were determined in accordance with the assumptions and methodology in § 4010.4(b)(2) of this chapter; or
(iii) 80-percent funded. As of the testing date for the event year, the fair market value of the plan's assets is at least 80 percent of the plan's vested benefits amount.
(3) Distribution up to one percent of assets. Notice is waived if the sum of the values of all distributions that are made to the substantial owner within the one-year period ending with the date of the distribution is one percent or less of the end-of-year current value of the plan's assets (as required to be reported on the plan's Form 5500) for either of the two plan years immediately preceding the event year.
(d) Form 1 extension. The notice date is extended until 30 days after the plan's variable rate premium filing due date for the event year, provided that a waiver under any of paragraphs (c)(2)(i) through (c)(2)(iii) of this section would apply if “the plan year preceding the event year” were substituted for “the event year.”
(iii) The fair market value of any other assets distributed, determined as of the date of distribution to the substantial owner.
(2) Date of substantial owner distribution. The date of distribution to a substantial owner of a cash distribution is the date it is received by the substantial owner. The date of distribution to a substantial owner of an irrevocable commitment is the date on which the obligation to provide benefits passes from the plan to the insurer. The date of any other distribution to a substantial owner is the date when the plan relinquishes control over the assets transferred directly or indirectly to the substantial owner.
Title 29 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.