29 CFR 4043.35 - Bankruptcy or similar settlement.
prev | next
(a) Reportable event. A reportable event occurs for a plan when any member of the plan's controlled group—
(1) Commences a bankruptcy case (under the Bankruptcy Code), or has a bankruptcy case commenced against it;
(2) Commences or has commenced against it any other type of insolvency proceeding (including, but not limited to, the appointment of a receiver);
(3) Commences, or has commenced against it, a proceeding to effect a composition, extension, or settlement with creditors;
(5) Undertakes to effect any other nonjudicial composition, extension, or settlement with substantially all its creditors.
(b) Initial information required. In addition to the information in § 4043.3(b), the notice shall include—
(1) A copy of all papers filed in the relevant proceeding, including, but not limited to, petitions and supporting schedules;
(4) The name of each member of the plan's controlled group and its ownership relationship to other members of that controlled group; and
(5) For each other plan maintained by any member of the plan's controlled group, identification of the plan and its contributing sponsor(s) by name and EIN/PN or EIN, as appropriate.
(c) Waivers. Notice is waived if the person described in paragraph (a) of this section is a foreign entity other than a foreign parent.
Title 29 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.