(a) These regulations coordinate the activities of ESA, OSHA and ETA, and are intended to:
(1) Ensure effective enforcement efforts under the protective statutes—i.e., the Farm Labor Contractor Registration Act (FLCRA), the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (protective statutes ).
(2) Ensure that the enforcement efforts of DOL agencies are coordinated to maximize their effectiveness, yet minimize unnecessary duplication.
(3) Focus the attention of DOL agencies upon the special employment-related problems faced by migrant farmworkers.
(4) Coordinate DOL enforcement efforts with related activities of farmworker groups, federal and State agencies, and other concerned parties outside the Department of Labor whose operations are related to the employment, housing, and working conditions of migrant farmworkers.
(5) Establish an information exchange which will afford the Department, farmworker groups, and other concerned parties outside the Department of Labor the opportunity to exchange information concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
Title 29 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.