29 CFR 4245.6 - Contents of notice of insolvency benefit level.
(a) Notice to the PBGC. A notice of insolvency benefit level required to be filed with the PBGC pursuant to § 4245.5(a) shall contain the information set forth below, except as provided in the next sentence. The information required in paragraphs (a)(7) to (a)(10) need be submitted only if it is different from the information submitted to the PBGC with the notice of insolvency filed for that insolvency year (see § 4245.4 (a)(7) to (a)(10)) or the notice of insolvency benefit level filed for a prior year. When any information is omitted under this exception, the notice shall so state and indicate when the notice of insolvency or prior notice of insolvency benefit level was filed.
(2) The name, address and telephone number of the plan sponsor and of the plan sponsor's authorized representative, if any.
(3) The nine-digit Employer Identification Number (EIN) assigned by the IRS to the plan sponsor and the three-digit Plan Identification Number (PIN) assigned by the plan sponsor to the plan, and, if different, the EIN or PIN last filed with the PBGC. If no EIN or PIN has been assigned, the notice shall so indicate.
(8) A copy of the most recent actuarial valuation for the plan and a copy of the most recent Schedule B (Form 5500) filed for the plan, if the Schedule B contains more recent information than the actuarial valuation.
(9) The estimated amount of annual benefit payments under the plan (determined without regard to the insolvency) for the insolvency year.
(11) The estimated amount of the annual benefit payments guaranteed by the PBGC for the insolvency year.
(13) A certification, signed by the plan sponsor (or a duly authorized representative), that notices of insolvency benefit level have been given to all interested parties in accordance with the requirements of this part.
When financial assistance is requested, the PBGC may require the plan sponsor to submit additional information necessary to process the request.
(b) Notices to interested parties other than participants in or entering pay status. A notice of insolvency benefit level required by § 4245.5(a) to be delivered to interested parties, as defined in § 4245.3(e), other than a notice to a participant or beneficiary who is in pay status or is reasonably expected to enter pay status during the insolvency year, shall include the information set forth below:
(3) The estimated amount of annual benefit payments under the plan (determined without regard to the insolvency) for the insolvency year.
(c) Notices to participants and beneficiaries in or entering pay status. A notice of insolvency benefit level required by § 4245.5(a) to be delivered to participants and beneficiaries who are in pay status or are reasonably expected to enter pay status during the insolvency year for which the notice is given, shall include the following information:
(3) A statement of the monthly benefit expected to be paid to the participant or beneficiary during the insolvency year.
(4) A statement that in subsequent plan years, depending on the plan's available resources, this benefit level may be increased or decreased but will not fall below the level guaranteed by the PBGC, and that the participant or beneficiary will be notified in advance of the new benefit level if it is less than his full nonforfeitable benefit under the plan.
(5) The name, address, and telephone number of the plan administrator or other person designated by the plan sponsor to answer inquiries concerning benefits during the plan's insolvency.
Title 29 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.