§ 1202.152Standards for reporting and paying royalties on gas.
(1) If you are responsible for reporting production or royalties, you must:
(i) Report gas volumes and British thermal unit (Btu) heating values, if applicable, under the same degree of water saturation;
(ii) Report gas volumes in units of 1,000 cubic feet (mcf); and
(iii) Report gas volumes and Btu heating value at a standard pressure base of 14.73 pounds per square inch absolute (psia) and a standard temperature base of 60 °F.
(2) The frequency and method of Btu measurement as set forth in the lessee's contract shall be used to determine Btu heating values for reporting purposes. However, the lessee shall measure the Btu value at least semiannually by recognized standard industry testing methods even if the lessee's contract provides for less frequent measurement.
(1) Residue gas and gas plant product volumes shall be reported as specified in this paragraph.
(2) Carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrogen (N2), helium (He), residue gas, and any other gas marketed as a separate product shall be reported by using the same standards specified in paragraph (a) of this section.
(3) Natural gas liquids (NGL) volumes shall be reported in standard U.S. gallons (231 cubic inches) at 60 °F.
(4) Sulfur (S) volumes shall be reported in long tons (2,240 pounds).
[53 FR 1271, Jan. 15, 1988, as amended at 63 FR 26367, May 12, 1998]
Title 30 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.