(a) As part of your design verification, fabrication verification, or installation verification plan, you must nominate a CVA for the Regional Supervisor's approval. You must specify whether the nomination is for the design, fabrication, or installation phase of verification, or for any combination of these phases.
(b) For each CVA, you must submit a list of documents to be forwarded to the CVA, and a qualification statement that includes the following:
(1) Previous experience in third-party verification or experience in the design, fabrication, installation, or major modification of offshore oil and gas platforms. This should include fixed platforms, floating platforms, manmade islands, other similar marine structures, and related systems and equipment;
(2) Technical capabilities of the individual or the primary staff for the specific project;
(3) Size and type of organization or corporation;
(4) In-house availability of, or access to, appropriate technology. This should include computer programs, hardware, and testing materials and equipment;
(5) Ability to perform the CVA functions for the specific project considering current commitments;
(6) Previous experience with MMS requirements and procedures;
(7) The level of work to be performed by the CVA.
Title 30 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 30.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.