(a) Permits. You must submit a signed original and three copies of the MMS permit application form (Form MMS-327). The form includes names of persons; the type, location, purpose, and dates of activity; and environmental and other information. A nonrefundable service fee of $2,012 must be paid electronically through Pay.gov at: https://www.pay.gov/paygov /, and you must include a copy of the Pay.gov confirmation receipt page with your application.
(b) Disapproval of permit application. If MMS disapproves your application for a permit, the Regional Director will state the reasons for the denial and will advise you of the changes needed to obtain approval.
(c) Notices. You must sign and date a Notice and state:
(1) The name(s) of the person(s) who will conduct the proposed research;
(2) The name(s) of any other person(s) participating in the proposed research, including the sponsor;
(3) The type of research and a brief description of how you will conduct it;
(4) The location in the OCS, indicated on a map, plat, or chart, where you will conduct research;
(5) The proposed dates you project for your research activity to start and end;
(6) The name, registry number, registered owner, and port of registry of vessels used in the operation;
(7) The earliest practicable time you expect to make the data and information resulting from your research activity available to the public;
(8) Your plan of how you will make the data and information you collected available to the public;
(9) That you and others involved will not sell or withhold for exclusive use the data and information resulting from your research; and
(10) At your option, you may submit (as a substitute for the material required in paragraphs (c)(7), (c)(8), and (c)(9) of this section) the nonexclusive use agreement for scientific research attachment to Form 327.
(d) Filing locations. You must apply for a permit or file a Notice at one of the following locations:
(1) For the OCS off the State of Alaska—the Regional Supervisor for Resource Evaluation, Minerals Management Service, Alaska OCS Region, 949 East 36th Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99508-4302.
(2) For the OCS off the Atlantic Coast and in the Gulf of Mexico—the Regional Supervisor for Resource Evaluation, Minerals Management Service, Gulf of Mexico OCS Region, 1201 Elmwood Park Boulevard, New Orleans, Louisiana 70123-2394.
(3) For the OCS off the coast of the States of California, Oregon, Washington, or Hawaii—the Regional Supervisor for Resource Evaluation, Minerals Management Service, Pacific OCS Region, 770 Paseo Camarillo, Camarillo, California 93010-6064.
[62 FR 67284, Dec. 24, 1997, as amended at 71 FR 40913, July 19, 2006; 73 FR 49948, Aug. 25, 2008]
Title 30 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.