(a) Each instrument you submit as OSFR evidence must specify:
(1) The effective date, and except for a surety bond, the expiration date;
(2) That termination of the instrument will not affect the liability of the instrument issuer for claims arising from an incident (i.e., oil-spill discharge or substantial threat of the discharge of oil) that occurred on or before the effective date of termination;
(3) That the instrument will remain in force until the termination date or until the earlier of:
(i) Thirty calendar days after MMS and the designated applicant receive from the instrument issuer a notification of intent to cancel; or
(ii) MMS receives from the designated applicant other acceptable OSFR evidence; or
(iii) All the COFs to which the instrument applies are permanently abandoned in compliance with 30 CFR part 250 or equivalent State requirements;
(4) That the instrument issuer agrees to direct action for claims made under OPA up to the guaranty amount, subject to the defenses in paragraph (a)(6) of this section and following the procedures in § 253.60 of this part ;
(5) An agent in the United States for service of process; and
(6) That the instrument issuer will not use any defenses against a claim made under OPA except:
(i) The rights and defenses that would be available to a designated applicant or responsible party for whom the guaranty was provided; and
(ii) The incident (i.e., oil-spill discharge or a substantial threat of the discharge of oil) leading to the claim for removal costs or damages was caused by willful misconduct of a responsible party for whom the designated applicant demonstrated OSFR.
(b) You may not change, omit, or add limitations or exceptions to the terms and conditions in an MMS form that you submit as part of your OSFR demonstration. If you attempt to do this, MMS will disregard the changes, omissions, additions, limitations, or exceptions and by operation of this rule MMS will consider the form to contain all the terms and conditions included on the original MMS form.
Title 30 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.