30 CFR 784.13 - Reclamation plan: General requirements.
(a) Each application shall contain a plan for the reclamation of the lands within the proposed permit area, showing how the applicant will comply with sections 515 and 516 of the Act, subchapter K of this chapter, and the environmental protection performance standards of the regulatory program. The plan shall include, at a minimum, all information required under 30 CFR 784.13 through 784.26.
(2) A detailed estimate of the cost of the reclamation of the proposed operations required to be covered by a performance bond under subchapter J of this chapter, with supporting calculations for the estimates;
(3) A plan for backfilling, soil stabilization, compacting and grading, with contour maps or cross sections that show the anticipated final surface configuration of the proposed permit area, in accordance with 30 CFR 817.102 through 817.107;
(4) A plan for removal, storage, and redistribution of topsoil, subsoil, and other material to meet the requirements of § 817.22 of this chapter. A demonstration of the suitability of topsoil substitutes or supplements under § 817.22(b) of this chapter shall be based upon analysis of the thickness of soil horizons, total depth, texture, percent coarse fragments, pH, and areal extent of the different kinds of soils. The regulatory authority may require other chemical and physical analyses, field-site trials, or greenhouse tests if determined to be necessary or desirable to demonstrate the suitability of the topsoil substitutes or supplements.
(5) A plan for revegetation as required in 30 CFR 817.111 through 817.116, including, but not limited to, descriptions of the—
(vi) Measures proposed to be used to determine the success of revegetation as required in 30 CFR 817.116; and,
(vii) A soil testing plan for evaluation of the results of topsoil handling and reclamation procedures related to revegetation.
(6) A description of the measures to be used to maximize the use and conservation of the coal resource as required in 30 CFR 817.59;
(7) A description of measures to be employed to ensure that all debris, acid-forming and toxic-forming materials, and materials constituting a fire hazard are disposed of in accordance with 30 CFR 817.89 and 817.102 and a description of the contingency plans which have been developed to preclude sustained combustion of such materials;
(8) A description, including appropriate cross sections and maps, of the measures to be used to seal or manage mine openings, and to plug, case or manage exploration holes, other bore holes, wells and other openings within the proposed permit area, in accordance with 30 CFR 817.13-817.15; and
(9) A description of steps to be taken to comply with the requirements of the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.), the Clean Water Act (33 U.S.C. 1251 et seq.), and other applicable air and water quality laws and regulations and health and safety standards.
[44 FR 15366, Mar. 13, 1979; 44 FR 49686, Aug. 24, 1979, as amended at 48 FR 22100, May 16, 1983; 48 FR 44780, Sept. 30, 1983]
Title 30 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.