30 CFR 884.13 - Content of proposed State reclamation plan.
You must submit each proposed State reclamation plan to the Director in writing. A proposed plan for a certified State or Indian tribe must include the designation described in paragraph (a) below and a commitment to address eligible coal problems found or occurring after certification as required in §§ 875.13(a)(3) and 875.14(b) of this chapter. A proposed plan for an uncertified State or Indian tribe must include the following information.
(a) A designation by the Governor of the State or the governing authority of the Indian tribe of the agency authorized to administer the State or Tribal reclamation program and to receive and administer grants under part 885 or part 886 of this chapter.
(b) A legal opinion from the State Attorney General or the chief legal officer of the State agency that the designated agency has the authority under State law to conduct the program in accordance with the requirements of Title IV of the Act.
(c) A description of the policies and procedures to be followed by the designated agency in conducting the reclamation program, including—
(2) The specific criteria, consistent with section 403 of the Act for ranking and identifying projects to be funded;
(3) The coordination of reclamation work among the State reclamation program, the Rural Abandoned Mine Program administered by the Soil Conservation Service, the reclamation programs of any Indian tribes located within the States, and OSM's reclamation programs; and
(4) Policies and procedures regarding land acquisition, management and disposal under 30 CFR part 879;
(5) Policies and procedures regarding reclamation on private land under 30 CFR part 882;
(6) Policies and procedures regarding rights of entry under 30 CFR part 877; and
(7) Public participation and involvement in the preparation of the State reclamation plan and in the State reclamation program.
(d) A description of the administrative and management structure to be used in conducting the reclamation program, including—
(1) The organization of the designated agency and its relationship to other State organizations or officials that will participate in or augment the agency's reclamation capacity;
(2) The personnel staffing policies which will govern the assignment of personnel to the State reclamation program;
(3) The purchasing and procurement systems to be used by the agency. Such systems shall meet the requirements of Office of Management and Budget Circular A-102, Attachment 0; and
(4) The accounting system to be used by the agency, including specific procedures for the operation of the State Abandoned Mine Reclamation Fund.
(e) A general description, derived from available data, of the reclamation activities to be conducted under the State reclamation plan, including the known or suspected eligible lands and waters within the State which require reclamation, including—
(f) A general description, derived from available data, of the conditions prevailing in the different geographic areas of the State where reclamation is planned, including—
Title 30 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.