31 CFR 344.5 - What other provisions apply to subscriptions for Time Deposit securities?
(a) When is my subscription due? The subscriber must fix the issue date of each security in the subscription. The issue date must be a business day. The issue date cannot be more than sixty days after the date BPD receives the subscription. If the subscription is for $10 million or less, BPD must receive a subscription at least five days before the issue date. If the subscription is for over $10 million, BPD must receive the subscription at least seven days before the issue date.
Example to paragraph (a):
If SLGS securities totaling $10 million or less will be issued on November 16th, BPD must receive the subscription no later than November 11th. If SLGS securities totaling more than $10 million will be issued on November 16th, BPD must receive the subscription no later than November 9th. In all cases, if SLGS securities will be issued on November 16th, BPD will not accept the subscription before September 17th.
(b) How do I start the subscription process? A subscriber starts the subscription process by entering into SLGSafe the following information:
(6) The certification required by § 344.2(e)(1), if the subscription is submitted by an agent of the issuer.
(c) Under what circumstances can I cancel a subscription? You cannot cancel a subscription unless you establish, to the satisfaction of Treasury, that the cancellation is required for reasons unrelated to the use of the SLGS program to create a cost-free option.
(d) How do I change a subscription? You can change a subscription on or before 3 p.m., Eastern time, on the issue date. Changes to a subscription are acceptable with the following exceptions:
(1) You cannot change the issue date to require issuance earlier or later than the issue date originally specified; provided, however, you may change the issue date up to seven days after the original issue date if you establish to the satisfaction of Treasury that such change is required as a result of circumstances that were unforeseen at the time of the subscription and are beyond the issuer's control (for example, a natural disaster);
(2) You cannot change the aggregate principal amount originally specified in the subscription by more than ten percent; and
(3) You cannot change an interest rate to exceed the maximum interest rate in the SLGS rate table that was in effect for a security of comparable maturity on the business day that you began the subscription process.
(2) Separately itemize securities by the various maturities, interest rates, and first interest payment dates (in the case of notes and bonds);
(3) Not be more than ten percent above or below the aggregate principal amount originally specified in the subscription;
(4) Not be paid with proceeds that are derived, directly or indirectly, from the redemption before maturity of SLGS securities subscribed for on or before December 27, 1976;
(5) Include the certifications required by § 344.2(e)(2)(i) (relating to yield); and
Title 31 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.