(a) For the purposes of 18 U.S.C. 1752 (84 Stat. 1891, 96 Stat. 1451), ingress or egress to or from the buildings or grounds designated in § 408.2 and any posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted areas of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the United States Secret Service is or will be visiting is authorized only for the following persons:
(1) Invitees: Persons invited by or having appointments with the protectee, the protectee's family, or members of the protectee's staff;
(2) Members of the protectee's family and staff;
(3) Military and Communications Personnel assigned to the Office of the President;
(4) Federal, state, and local law enforcement personnel engaged in the performance of their official duties and other persons, whose presence is necessary to provide services or protection for the premises or persons therein;
(5) Holders of grants of easement to the property, provided such persons or their authorized representatives show title to the grant of easement and obtain authorization from the United States Secret Service.
(b) Authorized persons must possess and display identification documents issued by or satisfactory to the United States Secret Service.
(c) Unauthorized entry is prohibited.
(d) The term “protectee” as used in this rule includes the President and any other person receiving protection from the United States Secret Service as provided by law.
Title 31 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.