§ 560.518Transactions in Iranian-origin and Iranian Government property.
(a) Except for transactions involving the Government of Iran, all domestic transactions with respect to Iranian-origin goods located in the United States are authorized, provided that this paragraph (a) does not affect the status of property blocked pursuant to part 535 or detained or seized, or subject to detention or seizure, pursuant to this part.
(b) All transactions necessary and incidental to a United States person's sale or other disposition of goods or services of Iranian origin or owned or controlled by the Government of Iran that are located or to be performed outside the United States and were acquired by that United States person in transactions not prohibited by part 535 or this part are authorized, provided:
(1) The sale or other disposition does not result in the importation of such goods or services into the United States, and
(2) The sale or other disposition is completed no later than 12:01 a.m. EDT, August 6, 1995.
(c) Except as provided in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, United States persons may not deal in goods or services of Iranian origin or owned or controlled by the Government of Iran, except that the following transactions are authorized:
(1) Transactions by a United States person with third-country nationals incidental to the storage and maintenance in third countries of Iranian-origin goods owned prior to May 7, 1995, by that United States person or acquired thereafter by that United States person consistent with the provisions of this part;
(2) Exportation of Iranian-origin household and personal effects from the United States incident to the relocation of United States persons outside the United States; and
(3) Purchase for personal use or consumption in Iran of Iranian-origin goods or services.
(d) In addition to transactions authorized by paragraph (c)(1) of this section, a United States person is authorized after 12:01 a.m. EDT, May 7, 1995, to use or dispose of Iranian-origin household and personal effects that are located outside the United States and that have been acquired by the United States person in transactions not prohibited by part 535 or this part.
Title 31 published on 2013-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 31.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.