32 CFR 162.5 - Responsibilities.
(2) Maintain oversight of the PECI program to ensure implementation of this instruction. Through FY 1993 that oversight includes total process control and coordination of PIF actions to identify, select and approve, reprogram, and disapprove projects. Starting FY 1994 and ASD (FM&P) shall retain central oversight of the PECI program which is decentralized to the Components.
(3) Evaluate program results and training requirements and provide additional guidance, as necessary.
8 See footnote 1 to § 162.1(a).
(5) Coordinate PECI efforts with the Heads of the DoD Components on matters that affect their particular areas of responsibility.
9 See footnote 1 to § 162.1(a).
(b) The Inspector General of the Department of Defense (IG, DoD) shall provide policy and guidance for the audit of the PECI and incorporate the requirement for audit into audit planning and program documents.
(ii) Provides motivation and opportunities for personnel, at all levels, to participate in the identification, documentation, and implementation of PECI proposals.
(iv) Reviews and approves submitted projects, broadens project applicability when reasonable, applies off-the-shelf technology, and integrates capital investment planning into the PPBS.
(2) Designate an official to be the central point of contact (POC) who shall oversee and monitor the PECI program.
(3) Establish procedures ensuring that the policies contained in § 162.4, above, are adhered to.
Title 32 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.