(a) Creditable time starts when the ASW begins work pursuant to an Order to Perform Alternative Service or 30 days after the issuance of such order, whichever occurs first. Creditable time will accumulate except for periods of:
(1) Work of less than 35 hours a week or an employer's full-time work week whichever is greater;
(2) Leaves of absence in a calendar year of more than 5 days in the aggregate granted by the employer to the ASW to attend to his personal affairs unless such absence is approved by the ASOM;
(3) Time during which an ASW fails or neglects to perform satisfactorily his assigned Alternative Service;
(4) Time during which the ASOM determines that work of the ASW is unsatisfactory because of his failure to comply with reasonable requirements of his employer;
(5) Time during which the ASW is not employed in an approved job because of his own fault; or
(6) Time during which the ASW is in a postponement period or his Order to Perform Alternative Service has been suspended.
(b) Creditable time will be awarded for periods of travel, job placement and job interviews performed under orders issued by Selective Service. Creditable time may be awarded for normal employer leave periods.
(c) Creditable time will be awarded to an ASW for the time lost after he leaves his job assignment following his request for reassignment on the basis of § 1656.13(b) of this part until he is reassigned pursuant to § 1656.13 (c) or (f) of this part. Creditable time for the corresponding period will be lost if neither the ASOM nor the District Appeal Board orders the ASW's reassignment on the basis of § 1656.12(a)(1) of this part.
[48 FR 16676, Apr. 19, 1983, as amended at 69 FR 20544, Apr. 16, 2004]
Title 32 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.