(a) The Deputy Director, Defense Research and Engineering (Research and Advanced Technology) [DDDR&E(R&AT)], shall:
(1) Administer this part and issue DoD guidance, as needed, for NDSEG fellowships.
(2) Designate those DoD Components that will award NDSEG fellowships, consistent with relevant statutory authority.
(3) Issue a regulation in accordance with 10 U.S.C. 2191 and DoD 5025.1-M.
(b) The Heads of Sponsoring Agencies, or their designees, in coordination with a representative of the Deputy Director, Defense Research and Engineering (Research and Advanced Technology) [DDDR&E(R&AT)], shall:
(1) Oversee the nationwide competition to select NDSEG fellowship recipients.
(2) Determine those science, engineering and other fields of priority interest to the Department of Defense in which NDSEG fellowships are to be awarded.
(3) Prepare a regulation, in accordance with 10 U.S.C. 2191, that prescribes.
(i) Procedures for selecting NDSEG fellows.
(ii) The basis for determining the amounts of NDSEG fellowships.
(iii) The maximum NDSEG fellowship amount that may be awarded to an individual during an academic year.
Title 32 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.