32 CFR 232.6 - Mandatory loan disclosures.
(a) Required information. With respect to any extension of consumer credit (including any consumer credit originated or extended through the internet) to a covered borrower, a creditor shall provide to the member or dependent the following information clearly and conspicuously before consummation of the consumer credit transaction:
(1) The MAPR applicable to the extension of consumer credit, and the total dollar amount of all charges included in the MAPR.
(2) Any disclosures required by Regulation Z (Truth in Lending), 12 CFR part 226.
(3) A clear description of the payment obligation of the covered borrower, as applicable. A payment schedule provided pursuant to paragraph (a)(2) of this section satisfies this requirement.
(4) A statement that “Federal law provides important protections to regular or reserve members of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard, serving on active duty under a call or order that does not specify a period of 30 days or fewer, and their dependents. Members of the Armed Forces and their dependents may be able to obtain financial assistance from Army Emergency Relief, Navy and Marine Corps Relief Society, the Air Force Aid Society, or Coast Guard Mutual Aid. Members of the Armed Forces and their dependents may request free legal advice regarding an application for credit from a service legal assistance office or financial counseling from a consumer credit counselor.”
(1) Written disclosures. The creditor shall provide the disclosures required by paragraph (a) in writing in a form the covered borrower can keep.
(2) Oral disclosures. The creditor also shall provide the disclosures required by paragraphs (a)(1), (a)(3) and (a)(4) of this section orally before consummation. In mail and internet transactions, the creditor satisfies this requirement if it provides a toll-free telephone number on or with the written disclosures that consumers may use to obtain oral disclosures and the creditor provides oral disclosures when the covered borrower contacts the creditor for this purpose.
(c) When disclosures are required for refinancing or renewal of covered loan. The refinancing or renewal of a covered loan requires new disclosures under § 232.6 only when the transaction would be considered a new transaction that requires disclosures under the Truth in Lending Act, as implemented by the Federal Reserve Board's Regulation Z, 12 CFR part 226.
Title 32 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.