(a) To be eligible for an ITEP detail, a DoD or private sector employee must:
(1) Work in the field of IT;
(2) Be equivalent at the GS-11 level or above
(3) Be considered an exceptional employee, meet or exceed successful performance levels and makes significant contributions towards achieving organizational goals;
(4) Be expected to assume increased IT responsibilities in the future;
(5) Be currently employed by an organization interested in participating in the ITEP pilot; and
(6) Obtain supervisor and company approval before an employee can participate in an ITEP detail.
(b) In addition to meeting the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, the DoD employee must be serving under a career or career-conditional appointment or an appointment of equivalent tenure in the excepted service.
(c) The private sector employee must meet citizenship requirements for Federal employment in accordance with 5 CFR 7.3 and 338.101, as well as any other statutory requirements. When a position requires a security clearance, the person must possess, or be able to obtain an appropriate security clearance.
(d) Proposed assignment meets applicable requirements of section 209(b) of the E-Government Act of 2002.
Title 32 published on 2013-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 32.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.