(a) Except to the extent such information is exempt from disclosure under the provisions of § 242a.4, in the case of each Board or committee meeting, the Board representative, shall make public announcement, at least 7 days before the meeting, of the following:
(1) Time of the meeting;
(2) Place of the meeting;
(3) Subject matter of the meeting;
(4) Whether the meeting or parts thereof are to be open or closed to the public; and
(5) The name and telephone number of the person designated by the Board or committee to respond to requests for information about the meeting.
(b) The 7 day period for the public announcement required by paragraph (a) of this section may be reduced if a majority of the members of the Board or committee, as applicable, determine by a recorded vote that Board or committee business requires that such expedited meeting be called at an earlier date. The Board or committee shall make public announcement of the time, place, and subject matter of such meeting, and whether open or closed to the public, at the earliest practicable time.
(c) The time or place of a meeting or deletion of subject matter may be changed following the public announcement required by paragraph (a) of this section only if the Board representative publicly announces such change at the earliest practicable time. Such change need not be voted on by the members.
(d) The subject matter of a meeting or the determination of the Board or committee, as applicable, to open or close a meeting, or portion of a meeting, to the public, may be changed following the public announcement required by paragraph (a) of this section only if:
(1) A majority of the entire voting membership of the Board of a majority of the entire voting membership of a committee, determines by a recorded vote that Board or committee business so requires and that no earlier announcement of the change was possible; and
(2) The Board or committee publicly announces such change and the vote of each member upon such change at the earliest practicable time.
(e) The earliest practicable time as used in this section, means as soon as possible, which should in few, if any, instances be no later than commencement of the meeting or portion in question.
(f) Immediately following each public announcement required by this section, notice of the time, place and subject matter of a meeting, whether the meeting is open or closed, any change in one of the preceding, and the name and telephone number of the person designated by the Board or committee to respond to requests for information about the meeting, shall also be submitted for publication in the Federal Register.
Title 32 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.