32 CFR 320.3 - Responsibilities.
(4) Designates the General Counsel as the NGA Privacy Act Officer and the principal point of contact for matters involving the NGA privacy program.
(1) Oversees systems of records maintained throughout NIMA, administered by Information Services. This includes coordinating all notices of new systems of records and changes to existing systems for publication in the Federal Register.
(3) Assesses and collects fees for costs associated with processing Privacy Act requests and approves or denies requests for fee waivers. Fees collected are forwarded through Financial Management Directorate to the U.S. Treasury.
(5) Oversees investigations of allegations of unauthorized maintenance, disclosure, or destruction of records.
(6) Conducts or coordinates Privacy Act training for NGA personnel as needed, including training for public affairs officers and others who deal with the public and news media.
(1) Ensure that all personnel who either have access to a system of records or who are engaged in developing or supervising procedures for handling records in a system of records are aware of their responsibilities for protecting personal information.
(2) Prepare notices of new systems of records and changes to existing systems for publication in the Federal Register.
(3) Ensure that no records subject to this part are maintained for which a systems notice has not been published.
(4) Respond to requests by individuals for access, correction, or amendment to records maintained pursuant to the NGA privacy program.
(5) Provide recommendations to General Counsel for responses to requests from individuals for access, correction, or amendment to records.
(7) Dispose of records in accordance with accepted records management practices to prevent inadvertent compromise. Disposal methods such as tearing, burning, melting, chemical decomposition, pulping, pulverizing, shredding, or mutilation are considered adequate if the personal data is rendered unrecognizable or beyond reconstruction.
Title 32 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.