32 CFR 352a.4 - Responsibilities and functions.
(a) The Director, Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), is the principal DoD executive for finance and accounting requirements, systems, and functions identified in DoD Directive 5118.3, 1 and shall:
1 Copies may be obtained, at cost, from the National Technical Information Service, 5285 Port Royal Road, Springfield, VA 22161.
(2) Direct finance and accounting requirements, systems, and functions for all appropriated, nonappropriated, working capital, revolving, and trust fund activities, including security assistance.
(3) Establish and enforce requirements, principles, standards, systems, procedures, and practices necessary to comply with finance and accounting statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the Department of Defense.
(4) Provide finance and accounting services for DoD Components and other Federal activities, as designated by the C, DoD.
(5) Direct the consolidation, standardization, and integration of finance and accounting requirements, functions, procedures, operations, and systems within the Department of Defense and ensure their proper relationship with other DoD functional areas (e.g., budget, personnel, logistics, acquisition, civil engineering, etc.).
(6) Execute statutory and regulatory financial reporting requirements and render financial statements.
(7) Serve as the proponent for civilian professional development in finance and accounting disciplines, and act as approval authority for competency standards and training requirements for appropriate military positions within the DFAS.
(9) Approve the establishment or maintenance of all finance and accounting activities independent of the DFAS.
(10) Develop, issue, and maintain DoD 7220.9-M, 2 in accordance with DoD 5025.1-M, 3 consistent with governing statutes, regulations, and policies.
2 See footnote 1 to § 352a.4(a).
3 See footnote 1 to § 352a.4(a).
(11) Perform other functions as the Secretary of Defense, Deputy Secretary of Defense, or the C, DoD, may prescribe.
(b) The Comptroller of the Department of Defense (C, DoD) shall provide guidance and direction to the Director, DFAS, on policies and procedures related to the development and operation of DFAS programs and systems.
(1) Comply with the requirements, principles, standards, procedures, and practices issued pursuant to § 352a.4(a).
(3) Provide facilities, personnel, and other support and assistance required to accomplish DFAS objectives, consistent with this Directive and the responsibilities and functions in § 352a.4(a) and the authorities in § 352a.6.
(d) Operational commanders shall continue to be responsible for the control, location, and safety of deployed accounting and finance personnel and resources.
[55 FR 50179, Dec. 5, 1990, as amended at 63 FR 33248, June 18, 1998]
Title 32 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.