32 CFR 44.5 - Responsibilities.
prev | next
(a) The Deputy Secretary of Defense shall adjudicate, before mobilization, conflicts between the mobilization manpower needs of the civilian sector and the military that the Ready Reserve Screening process has identified, but has not resolved.
(b) The Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs, under the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, shall:
(1) Provide oversight and policy support to the overall Ready Reserve screening program, and manage and control the Federal sector screening program in accordance with 10 U.S.C. 10149, Executive Order 11190, and pp. 63-66 of House Appropriations Committee Report 95-451, which is available from the Government Printing Office, Washington, DC 20401.
(2) Annually, provide Federal Agencies with a listing of all Federal employees who are also Ready Reservists to assist them in conducting employer screening activities.
(4) Employ the guidance in appendix A of this part in coordinating the screening program with employers of Ready Reservists.
(5) Coordinate conflicts between the mobilization manpower needs of the civilian sector and the military identified but not resolved through the Ready Reserve Screening process.
(1) Screen, at least annually, all Ready Reservists under their jurisdiction to ensure their immediate availability for active duty (AD) and to ensure compliance with 10 U.S.C. 10149.
(2) Ensure coordination with the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs to resolve conflicts (identified, but not resolved through the Ready Reserve screening process) between the mobilization manpower needs of the civilian sector and the military.
(3) Review recommendations for removal of both Federal and other civilian employees from the Ready Reserve submitted by employers and take applicable action.
(4) After making a removal determination in response to a petition for such action, promptly transmit the results of that determination to the Ready Reservist concerned and his/her employer.
(5) Transfer Ready Reservists identified as occupying key positions to the Standby Reserve or the Retired Reserve, or discharge them, as applicable.
(6) Ensure that Ready Reservists not on AD are examined as to physical fitness in accordance with DoD Directive 1332.18. 2
2 See footnote 1 to § 44.4(e).
(7) Process members of the Ready Reserve who do not participate satisfactorily in accordance with DoD Instruction 1200.15 and DoD Directive 1215.13. 3
3 See footnote 1 to § 44.4(e).
(8) Ensure that all Ready Reservists have a favorably completed background check for military service suitability on file (e.g., Entrance National Agency Check (ENTNAC), NAC).
(9) Ensure that personnel records systems incorporate information on any factors that limit the mobilization availability of a Ready Reservist.
Title 32 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.