(a) The Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness shall:
(1) Monitor compliance with this rule.
(2) Establish policy and provide guidance related to public and community service employment.
(3) Provide program information to the public on the Department of Defense's public and community service employment program.
(4) Ensure that the Director, Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC):
(i) Maintains the Public and Community Service Organizational Registry.
(ii) Maintains the Public and Community Service Personnel Registry.
(5) Decide the status of requests for reconsideration from employers resubmitting their request to be included on the Public and Community Service Organizational Registry, but whose first request was disapproved.
(b) The Secretaries of the Military Departments shall:
(1) Ensure compliance with this rule.
(2) Encourage public and community service employment for separating Service members, their spouses, DoD civilian personnel leaving the Government, and their spouses.
(3) Coordinate with the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness before promulgating public and community service employment policies and regulations.
Title 32 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.