32 CFR 842.22 - Definitions.
(a) Act of God. An act occasioned exclusively by violence of nature, such as flood, earthquake, tornado, typhoon or hurricane, that is unanticipated and over which no one has any control.
(b) Military installation. A facility used to serve a military purpose and used or controlled by the Air Force or any other Department of Defense (DOD) element.
(1) Any place authorized, or apparently authorized by the government to receive, hold, or store personal property, such as offices, warehouses, baggage holding areas, hospitals.
(d) Personal property. Tangible property an individual owns, including but not limited to household goods, unaccompanied baggage, privately owned vehicles (POV), and mobile homes.
(1) Housing the government assigns or otherwise provides in kind to the claimant, including substandard housing and trailers, when the claimant pays the government a fixed rental while drawing basic allowance for quarters (BAQ).
(3) Transient housing accommodations, wherever located, such as, hotels, motels, guest houses, transient dormitories, or other lodgings the government furnishes or contracts for.
(4) Housing accommodations outside the United States which the claimant occupies according to local policies and procedures which were not assigned by or otherwise provided for by the U.S. Government. Quarters do not include housing occupied by foreign indigenous employees.
(5) Garages, carports, driveways, and parking lots assigned to quarters the government provides for the occupants of the quarters to use.
(7) The area immediately adjacent to quarters when used for storage of items not commonly stored in living areas, for example, boats, motorcycles, motorbikes, bicycles, lawn mowers, garden equipment, and outdoor furniture.
(f) Reconsideration. The original or a higher settlement authority's review of a prior settlement action.
Title 32 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.