(a) Claims arising from negligent or wrongful acts or omissions committed by United States military or civilian personnel while acting in the scope of their employment.
(b) Claims arising from noncombat activities of the United States, whether or not such injuries of damages arose out of the negligent or wrongful acts or omissions by United States military or civilian employees acting within the scope of their employment.
(c) Claims for damage to bailed property under § 842.49(a) or (b) of this part, where all of the following are present:
(1) The United States armed forces assumed the duties of a bailee.
(2) The bailor did not assume the risk of loss by express agreement.
(3) Authorized United States armed forces military or civilian personnel acting in their official capacity properly accepted the property.
(d) Claims for loss or damage to:
(1) Insured or registered mail under § 842.49(a), (b), or (c) while in the possession of the United States armed forces military or civilian personnel.
(2) Minimum fee insured mail, but only if it has an insurance number or requirement for hand-to-hand receipt while in the possession of the United States armed forces military or civilian personnel.
(3) Any mail in the possession of the US Postal Service or a Military Postal Service due to an unlawful or negligent inspection, search, or seizure conducted in an oversea military postal facility, under orders of armed forces personnel.
(e) Claims for property damage of US military personnel under conditions listed in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, where the damage occurred on a military installation and is not payable under the Military Personnel and Civilian Employees' Claims Act.
(f) Claims filed by DOD military or civilian health care providers or legal personnel for their personal liability by settlement or judgment, to include reasonable costs of such litigation, for their common law tortious acts committed within the scope of their employment under circumstances described in 10 U.S.C. 1089(f) and 10 U.S.C. 1054(f).
[55 FR 2809, Jan. 29, 1990, as amended at 55 FR 32076, Aug. 7, 1990]
Title 32 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.