33 CFR 135.5 - Definitions.
(a) As used in this part, the following terms shall have the same meaning as defined in section 301 of Title III of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act Amendments of 1978 (Pub. L. 95-372): “barrel”; “claim”; “discharge”; “facility”; “Fund”; “guarantor”; “incident”; “offshore facility”; “oil pollution”; “operator”; “owner”; “person”; “person in charge”; “public vessel”; and “vessel”.
(1) Act means Title III of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act Amendments of 1978 (Pub. L. 95-372), entitled “Offshore Oil Spill Pollution Fund”.
(2) Captain of the Port means a Coast Guard officer designated as Captain of the Port for the areas described in part 3 of this chapter, or that person's authorized representative or, where there is no Captain of the Port area, the District Commander.
(4) District Commander means the Coast Guard officer commanding a Coast Guard District described in part 3 of this chapter, or that person's authorized representative.
(5) Fund Administrator means the person to whom the authority and functions of the Commandant as administrator of the Fund are delegated.
(6) Oil means petroleum, including crude oil or any fraction or residue therefrom and natural gas condensate, except that the term does not include natural gas.
Title 33 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.