(a) As used in this part, the following terms shall have the same meaning as defined in section 301 of Title III of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act Amendments of 1978 (Pub. L. 95-372): “barrel”; “claim”; “discharge”; “facility”; “Fund”; “guarantor”; “incident”; “offshore facility”; “oil pollution”; “operator”; “owner”; “person”; “person in charge”; “public vessel”; and “vessel”.
(b) As used in this part:
(1) Act means Title III of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act Amendments of 1978 (Pub. L. 95-372), entitled “Offshore Oil Spill Pollution Fund”.
(2) Captain of the Port means a Coast Guard officer designated as Captain of the Port for the areas described in part 3 of this chapter, or that person's authorized representative or, where there is no Captain of the Port area, the District Commander.
(3) Commandant means the Commandant of the Coast Guard or that person's authorized representative.
(4) District Commander means the Coast Guard officer commanding a Coast Guard District described in part 3 of this chapter, or that person's authorized representative.
(5) Fund Administrator means the person to whom the authority and functions of the Commandant as administrator of the Fund are delegated.
(6) Oil means petroleum, including crude oil or any fraction or residue therefrom and natural gas condensate, except that the term does not include natural gas.
(7) Outer Continental Shelf or OCS means “outer Continental Shelf” as defined in section 2(a) of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (43 U.S.C.1331(a)).
Title 33 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.