(a) The master of each vessel equipped with ballast tanks must provide, as detailed in § 151.2070 of this part, the following information, in written form, to the Captain of the Port (COTP):
(1) The vessel's name, port of registry, and official number or call sign.
(2) The name of the vessel's owner(s).
(3) Whether ballast water is being carried.
(4) The original location and salinity, if known, of ballast water taken on, before an exchange.
(5) The location, date, and time of any ballast water exchange.
(6) The salinity of any ballast water to be discharged into the territorial waters of the United States.
(7) The intended discharge port for ballast water and location for disposal of sediment carried upon entry into the territorial waters of the United States, if ballast water or sediment are to be discharged.
(8) The signature of the master attesting to the accuracy of the information provided and certifying compliance with the requirements of this subpart.
(b) The COTP may take samples of ballast water to assess the compliance with, and the effectiveness of, this subpart.
[CGD 91-066, 58 FR 18334, Apr. 8, 1993, as amended by USCG-1998-3423, 66 FR 58391, Nov. 21, 2001; USCG-2002-13147, 69 FR 32869, June 14, 2004; USCG-2001-10486, 77 FR 17306, Mar. 23, 2012]
Title 33 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 33.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.