(a) A person in charge of a transfer operation utilizing a vapor control system must have completed a training program covering the particular system installed at the facility. Training must include drills or demonstrations using the installed vapor control system covering normal operations and emergency procedures.
(b) The training program required by paragraph (a) of this section must cover the following subjects:
(1) Purpose of a vapor control system;
(2) Principles of the vapor control system;
(3) Components of the vapor control system;
(4) Hazards associated with the vapor control system;
(5) Coast Guard regulations in this subpart;
(6) Operating procedures, including:
(i) Testing and inspection requirements,
(ii) Pre-transfer procedures,
(iii) Connection sequence,
(iv) Start-up procedures, and
(v) Normal operations; and
(7) Emergency procedures.
Title 33 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 33.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.