(a) Certain material is incorporated by reference into this part with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. To enforce any edition other than that specified in this section, the Coast Guard must publish notice of change in the Federal Register and the material must be available to the public. All approved material is available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030 or go to http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html. Also, it is available for inspection at the Coast Guard, Office of Vessel Activities, (CG-543), 2100 2nd St., SW., Stop 7581, Washington, DC 20593-7581, 202-372-1251. Approved material is available from the sources indicated in this section.
(b) American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI), 25 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036, 212-642-4980, http://www.ansi.org/:
(1) ANSI A10.14, Requirements for Safety Belts, Harnesses, Lanyards and Lifelines for Construction and Demolition Use, 1991 (“ANSI A10.14”), incorporation by reference approved for § 155.230.
(c) American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), 100 Barr Harbor Drive, West Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959, 610-832-9585, http://www.astm.org/:
(1) ASTM F 631-93, Standard Guide for Collecting Skimmer Performance Data in Controlled Environments (“ASTM F 631-93”), incorporation by reference approved for Appendix B.
(2) ASTM F 715-95, Standard Test Methods for Coated Fabrics Used for Oil Spill Control and Storage (“ASTM F 715-95”), incorporation by reference approved for in Appendix B.
(3) ASTM F 722-82 (1993), Standard Specification for Welded Joints for Shipboard Piping Systems (“ASTM F 722-82”), incorporation by reference approved for Appendix A and Appendix B.
(4) ASTM F1413-07, Standard Guide for Oil Spill Dispersant Application Equipment: Boom and Nozzle Systems, incorporation by reference approved for § 155.1050.
(5) ASTM F1737-07, Standard Guide for Use of Oil Spill Dispersant-Application Equipment During Spill Response: Boom and Nozzle Systems, incorporation by reference approved for § 155.1050.
(6) ASTM F1779-08, Standard Practice for Reporting Visual Observations of Oil on Water, incorporation by reference approved for § 155.1050.
(d) International Maritime Organization (IMO), 4 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SR, United Kingdom, http://www.imo.org/:
(1) Resolution A.535(13), Recommendations on Emergency Towing Requirements for Tankers, November 17, 1983 (“Resolution A.535(13)”), incorporation by reference approved for § 155.235.
(2) Resolution MSC.35(63), Adoption of Guidelines for Emergency Towing Arrangement on Tankers, May 20, 1994 (“Resolution MSC.35(63)”), incorporation by reference approved for § 155.235.
(e) National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02269-7471, 617-770-3000, http://www.nfpa.org/:
(1) NFPA 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications, 2008 Edition (“NFPA 1001”), incorporation by reference approved for § 155.4050.
(2) NFPA 1005, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Marine Fire Fighting for Land-Based Fire Fighters, 2007 Edition (“NFPA 1005”), incorporation by reference approved for § 155.4050.
(3) NFPA 1021, Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, 2003 Edition (“NFPA 1021”), incorporation by reference approved for § 155.4050.
(4) NFPA 1405, Guide for Land-Based Fire Fighters Who Respond to Marine Vessel Fires, 2006 Edition (“NFPA 1405”), incorporation by reference approved for §§ 155.4035 and 155.4050.
(5) NFPA 1561, Standard on Emergency Services Incident Management System, 2008 Edition (“NFPA 1561”), incorporation by reference approved for § 155.4050.
(f) Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF), 29 Queen Anne's Gate, London, SW1H 9BU England, http://www.ocimf.com/:
(1) Ship to Ship Transfer Guide (Petroleum), Second Edition, 1988, incorporation by reference approved for § 155.1035.
[USCG-1998-3417, 73 FR 80648, Dec. 31, 2008, as amended by USCG-2001-8661, 74 FR 45026, Aug. 31, 2009; USCG-2010-0351, 75 FR 36285, June 25, 2010]
Title 33 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 33.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.