(a) The Chief of Engineers and/or the Director of Civil Works (Assistant to the Chief of Engineers for Civil Works) is hereby delegated authority to determine:
(1) That the development of public port or industrial facilities on land within a project will be in the public interest;
(2) That such development will not interfere with the operation and maintenance of the project;
(3) That disposition of the land for these purposes under this Act will serve the objectives of the project;
(4) If two or more agencies file applications for the same land, which agency's intended use of the land will best promote the purposes for which the project was authorized; and
(5) The conditions, reservations and restrictions to be included in a conveyance under this Act.
(b) The District Engineer is hereby delegated authority to:
(1) Give notice of any proposed conveyance under this Act and to afford an opportunity to interested eligible agencies in the general vicinity of the land to apply for its purchase as hereinafter provided; and
(2) Determine the period of time in which applications for conveyances may be filed.
Title 33 published on 2013-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 33.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.