§ 334.280James River between the entrance to Skiffes Creek and Mulberry Point, Va.; army training and small craft testing area.
(a)The restricted area. Beginning on the shore at latitude 37°09′54″ N., longitude 76°36′25″ W.; thence westerly to latitude 37°09′50″ N., longitude 76°37′45.5″ W.; thence southerly to latitude 37°09′00″ N., longitude 76°38′05″ W.; thence southerly to latitude 37°08′22″ N., longitude 76°37′55″ W.; thence due east to the shore at latitude 37°08′22″ N., longitude 76°37′22″ W.; thence northerly along the shore to the point of beginning.
(1) No vessels other than Department of the Army vessels, and no persons other than persons embarked in such vessels shall remain in or enter the restricted area except as provided in paragraph (b)(2) of this section.
(2) Nothing in the regulations of this section shall prevent the harvesting and cultivation of oyster beds or the setting of fish traps within the restricted area under regulations of the Department of the Army, nor will the passage of fishing vessels to or from authorized traps be unreasonably interfered with or restricted.
(3) Vessels anchored in the area shall be so anchored as not to obstruct the arc of visibility of Deepwater Shoals Light.
(4) The Commanding General, Fort Eustis, Va., will, to the extent possible give public notice from time to time through local news media and the Coast Guard's Local Notice to Mariners of the schedule of intended Army use of the restricted area.
(5) The continuation of the restricted area for more than 3 years after the date of its establishment shall be dependent upon the outcome of the consideration of a request for its continuance submitted to the District Engineer, U.S. Army Engineer District, Norfolk, Virginia, by the using agency at least 3 months prior to the expiration of the 3 years.
(6) The regulations in this section shall be enforced by the Commanding General, Fort Eustis, Va., and such agencies as he may designate.
[37 FR 4337, Mar. 2, 1972. Redesignated at 50 FR 42696, Oct. 22, 1985]
Title 33 published on 2013-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 33.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.