§ 334.960Pacific Ocean, San Clemente Island, Calif.; naval danger zone off West Cove.
(a)The danger zone. The waters of the Pacific Ocean in an area about one-half mile off the west coast of San Clemente Island basically outlined as follows:
(1) Intermittent firing may take place in the danger zone on any day from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in this section, the danger zone will be open to fishing and general navigation.
(3) The operations officer, Naval Ordnance Test Station, Pasadena Annex, Pasadena, California, will announce firing schedules. Each week, public notices will be issued giving advance firing schedules. Such notices will appear in the local newspapers and in local “Notice to Mariners” and “Notice to Airmen.” For the benefit of the fishermen and small-craft operators, announcements will be made on the marine radio.
(4) When a scheduled firing is about to be undertaken, fishing boats and other small craft will be contacted by surface patrol boats or aircraft equipped with a loudspeaker system. When so notified, all persons and vessels shall leave the area immediately by the shortest route. Upon completion of firing or if the scheduled firing is cancelled for any reason, fishermen and small-boat operators will be notified as far in advance as possible by Marine Radio Broadcast.
(5) The regulations in this section shall be enforced by security personnel attached to the Naval Ordnance Test Station, Pasadena Annex, and by such agencies as may be designated by the Commandant, Eleventh Naval District, San Diego.
[27 FR 6829, July 19, 1962. Redesignated at 50 FR 42696, Oct. 22, 1985, as amended at 62 FR 17557, Apr. 10, 1997; 62 FR 24034, May 2, 1997]
Title 33 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 33.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.