§ 401.79Advance notice of arrival, vessels requiring inspection.
(a)Advance notice of arrival. All foreign flagged vessels intending to transit the Seaway shall submit one complete electronic Notice of Arrival (NOA) prior to entering at call in point 2 (CIP 2) as follows:
(1) If your voyage time to CIP 2 is 96 hours or more, you must submit an electronic NOA 96 hours before entering the Seaway at CIP 2.
(2) If your voyage time to CIP 2 is less than 96 hours, you must submit an electronic NOA before departure, but at least 24 hours before entering the Seaway at CIP 2.
(3) If there are changes to the electronic NOA, submit them as soon as practicable but at least 12 hours before entering the Seaway at CIP 2.
(4) The NOA must be provided electronically following the USCG National Vessel Movement Center's (NVMC) procedures (http://www.nvmc.uscg.gov).
(5) To complete the NOA correctly for Seaway entry, select the following:
(i) “CIP 2” as the Arrival Port,
(ii) “Foreign to Saint Lawrence Seaway” as the Voyage Type, and
(iii) “Saint Lawrence Seaway Transit” as the Arrival State, City and Receiving Facility.
(b)Vessels requiring inspection or reinspection. All pre-cleared vessels must provide a 24 hour notice of inspection as follows:
(1)Enhanced Seaway inspection. All foreign flagged vessels and vessels of unusual design are subject to a Seaway inspection prior to initial transit of the Seaway each navigation season.
(2)Inland self-inspection. Inland domestic vessels which are approved by the Seaway and are ISM certified and have a company quality management system, must submit the “Self-Inspection Report”, every 2 navigation seasons and not later than 30 days after “fit out”.
(3) Inland domestic vessels not participating in the “Self-Inspection Program” are subject to Seaway inspection prior to every transit of the Seaway.
(4) Tug/barge combinations not on the “Seaway Approved Tow” list are subject to Seaway inspection prior to every transit of the Seaway unless provided with a valid Inspection Report for a round trip transit.