Rate ($) Welland Canal—Lake Ontario to or from Lake Erie(8 locks)
1. Subject to item 3, for complete transit of the Seaway, a composite toll, comprising:
(1) a charge per gross registered ton of the ship, applicable whether the ship is wholly or partially laden, or is in ballast, and the gross registered tonnage being calculated according to prescribed rules for measurement or under the International Convention on Tonnage Measurement of Ships, 1969, as amended from time to time 1
(2) a charge per metric ton of cargo as certified on the ship's manifest or other document, as follows:
(a) bulk cargo
(b) general cargo
(c) steel slab
(d) containerized cargo
(e) government aid cargo
(3) a charge per passenger per lock
(4) a lockage charge per Gross Registered Ton of the vessel, as defined in item 1(1), applicable whether the ship is wholly or partially laden, or is in ballast, for transit of the Welland Canal in either direction by cargo ships
Up to a maximum charge per vessel
2. Subject to item 3, for partial transit of the Seaway
20 per cent per lock of the applicable charge under items 1(1) and (2) plus the applicable charge under items 1(3) and (4)
13 per cent per lock of the applicable charge under items 1(1) and (2) plus the applicable charge under items 1(3) and (4).
3. Minimum charge per vessel per lock transited for full or partial transit of the Seaway
4. A charge per pleasure craft per lock transited for full or partial transit of the Seaway, including applicable federal taxes 2
Code of Federal Regulations
- Page 738
6. Under the New Business Initiative Program, for cargo accepted as New Business, a percentage rebate on the applicable cargo charges for the approved period
7. Under the Volume Rebate Incentive program, a retroactive percentage rebate on cargo tolls on the incremental volume calculated based on the pre-approved maximum volume
1 Or under the US GRT for ships prescribed prior to 2002.
2 The applicable charge at the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation's locks (Eisenhower, Snell) for pleasure craft is $30 U.S. or $30 Canadian per lock. The applicable charge under item 3 at the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation's locks (Eisenhower, Snell) will be collected in U.S. dollars. The other amounts are in Canadian dollars and are for the Canadian share of tolls. The collection of the U.S. portion of tolls for commercial vessels is waived by law (33 U.S.C. 998a(a)).
3 Pleasure craft rates-subject to change in subsequent years.
[74 FR 10679, Mar. 12, 2009]
Title 33 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 33.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.