Pt. 100, App. A
Appendix A to Part 100—Federal Financial Assistance to Which These Regulations Apply
Part 1—Assistance Other Than Continuing Assistance to States
1. Loans for acquisition of equipment for academic subjects, and for minor remodeling (20 U.S.C. 445 ).
2. Construction of facilities for institutions of higher education (20 U.S.C. 701-758 ).
3. School Construction in federally-affected and in major disaster areas (20 U.S.C. 631-647 ).
5. Loan service of captioned films and educational media; research on, and production and distribution of, educational media for the handicapped, and training of persons in the use of such media for the handicapped (20 U.S.C. 1452 ).
6. Demonstration residential vocational education schools (20 U.S.C. 1321 ).
7. Research and related activities in education of handicapped children (20 U.S.C. 1441 ).
8. Educational research, dissemination and demonstration projects; research training; and construction under the Cooperation Research Act (20 U.S.C. 331-332(b) ).
9. Research in teaching modern foreign languages (20 U.S.C. 512 ).
14. Grants for training personnel for the education of handicapped children (20 U.S.C. 1431 ).
15. Allowances for institutions training teachers and related educational personnel in elementary and secondary education, or post-secondary vocational education (20 U.S.C. 1111-111 8).
16. Recruitment, enrollment, training and assignment of Teacher Corps personnel (20 U.S.C. 1101-110 7a).
17. Operation and maintenance of schools in Federally-affected and in major disaster areas (20 U.S.C. 236-241; 241-1; 242-244).
18. Grants or contracts for the operation of training institutes for elementary or secondary school personnel to deal with special educational problems occasioned by desegregation (42 U.S.C. 2000c-3 ).
19. Grants for in-service training of teachers and other schools personnel and employment of specialists in desegregation problems (42 U.S.C. 2000c-4 ).
20. Higher education students loan program (Title II, National Defense Education Act, 20 U.S.C. 421-429 ).
21. Educational Opportunity grants and assistance for State and private programs of low-interest insured loans and State loans to students in institutions of higher education (Title IV, Higher Education Act of 1965, 20 U.S.C. 1061-108 7).
22. Grants and contracts for the conduct of Talent Search, Upward Bound, and Special Services Programs (20 U.S.C. 1068 ).
24. Language and area centers (Title VI, National Defense Education Act, 20 U.S.C. 511 ).
29. Gallaudet College (31 D.C. Code, Chapter 10).
30. Establishment and operation of a model secondary school for the deaf by Gallaudet College (31 D.C. Code 1051-1053; 80 Stat. 1027 -1028).
33. Institutes and other programs for training educational personnel (parts D, E, and F, Title V, Higher Education Act of 1965) (20 U.S.C. 1119-111 9c-4).
34. Grants and contracts for research and demonstration projects in librarianship (20 U.S.C. 1034 ).
36. Grants for strengthening developing institutions of higher education (20 U.S.C. 1051-105 4); National Fellowships for teaching at developing institutions (20 U.S.C. 1055 ), and grants to retired professors to teach at developing institutions (20 U.S.C. 1056 ).
38. Financial assistance for acquisition of higher education equipment, and minor remodeling (20 U.S.C. 1121-112 9).
39. Grants for special experimental demonstration projects and teacher training in adult education (20 U.S.C. 1208 ).
41. Experimental projects for developing State leadership or establishment of special services (20 U.S.C. 865 ).
42. Grants to and arrangements with State educational and other agencies to meet special educational needs of migratory children of migratory agricultural workers (20 U.S.C. 241e(c) ).
43. Grants by the Secretary to local educational agencies for supplementary educational centers and services; guidance, counseling, and testing (20 U.S.C. 841-844; 844b).
44. Resource centers for improvement of education of handicapped children (20 U.S.C. 1421) and centers and services for deaf-blind children (20 U.S.C. 1422 ).
45. Recruitment of personnel and dissemination of information on education of handicapped (20 U.S.C. 1433 ).
46. Grants for research and demonstrations relating to physical education or recreation for handicapped children (20 U.S.C. 1442) and training of physical educators and recreation personnel (20 U.S.C. 1434 ).
50. Grants and contracts for special programs for children with specific learning disabilities including research and related activities, training and operating model centers (20 U.S.C. 1461 ).
51. Curriculum development in vocational and technical education (20 U.S.C. 1391 ).
52. Establishment, including construction, and operation of a National Center on Educational Media and Materials for the Handicapped (20 U.S.C. 1453 ).
53. Grants and contracts for the development and operation of experimental preschool and early education programs for handicapped (20 U.S.C. 1423 ).
54. Grants to public or private non-profit agencies to carry on the Follow Through Program in kindergarten and elementary schools (42 U.S.C. 2809 (a)(2)).
55. Grants for programs of cooperative education and grants and contracts for training and research in cooperative education (20 U.S.C. 1087a-108 7c).
56. Grants and contracts to encourage the sharing of college facilities and resources (network for knowledge) (20 U.S.C. 1133- 1133b).
57. Grants, contracts, and fellowships to improve programs preparing persons for public service and to attract students to public service (20 U.S.C. 1134-113 4b).
59. Contracts for expanding and improving law school clinical experience programs (20 U.S.C. 1136-113 6b).
61. Grants to reduce borrowing cost for construction of residential schools and dormitories (20 U.S.C. 1323 ).
62. Surplus real and related personal property disposal for educational purposes (40 U.S.C. 484(k) ).
Part 2—Continuing Assistance to States
1. Grants to States for public library service and construction, interlibrary cooperation and specialized State library services for certain State institutions and the physically handicapped (20 U.S.C. 351-355 ).
2. Grants to States for strengthening instruction in academic subjects (20 U.S.C. 441-444 ).
4. Arrangements with State education agencies for training under the Manpower Development and Training Act (42 U.S.C. 2601-260 2, 2610a).
5. Grants to States to assist in the elementary and secondary education of children of low-income families (20 U.S.C. 241a-242m ).
6. Grants to States to provide for school library resources, textbooks and other instructional materials for pupils and teachers in elementary and secondary schools (20 U.S.C. 821-827 ).
7. Grants to States to strengthen State departments of education (20 U.S.C. 861-870 ).
9. Grants to States for adult basic education and related research, teacher training and special projects (20 U.S.C. 1201-121 1).
10. Grants to States educational agencies for supplementary educational centers and services, and guidance, counseling and testing (20 U.S.C. 841-847 ).
11. Grants to States for research and training in vocational education (20 U.S.C. 1281(b) ).
12. Grants to States for exemplary programs and projects in vocational education (20 U.S.C. 1301-130 5).
13. Grants to States for residential vocational education schools (20 U.S.C. 1321 ).
14. Grants to States for consumer and homemaking education (20 U.S.C. 1341 ).
15. Grants to States for cooperative vocational educational program (20 U.S.C. 1351-135 5).
17. Grants to States to attract and qualify teachers to meet critical teaching shortages (20 U.S.C. 1108-111 0c).
19. Grants for administration of State plans and for comprehensive planning to determine construction needs of institutions of higher education (20 U.S.C. 715(b) ).
[45 FR 30918, May 9, 1980, as amended at 65 FR 68054, Nov. 13, 2000]