34 CFR 200.42 - Corrective action.
(i) The consistent academic failure of a school that led the LEA to identify the school for corrective action; and
(2) Is designed to increase substantially the likelihood that each group of students described in § 200.13(b)(7) and enrolled in the school will meet or exceed the State's proficient levels of achievement as measured by the State assessment system; and
(b) Requirements. If an LEA identifies a school for corrective action, in accordance with § 200.33, the LEA must do the following:
(1) Continue to provide all students enrolled in the school with the option to transfer to another public school in accordance with § 200.44.
(2) Continue to ensure that the school receives technical assistance consistent with the requirements of § 200.40.
(3) Make available supplemental educational services in accordance with § 200.45.
(ii) Institute and fully implement a new curriculum, including the provision of appropriate professional development for all relevant staff, that—
(B) Offers substantial promise of improving educational achievement for low-achieving students and of enabling the school to make AYP.
(A) Revising the school improvement plan developed under § 200.41 to address the specific issues underlying the school's continued failure to make AYP and resulting in identification for corrective action; and
(5) Continue to comply with § 200.39(c).(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1810-0581)
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 6316(b)(7))
Title 34 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.