(a) A prevailing party may apply for an award of fees and other expenses incurred by the party in connection with—
(1) An adversary adjudication; or
(2) A significant and discrete substantive portion of an adversary adjudication.
(b) If a proceeding includes issues covered by the Act and issues excluded from coverage, the applicant may apply only for an award of fees and other expenses related to covered issues.
(c) Allowable fees and expenses include the following, as applicable:
(1) An award of fees based on rates customarily charged by attorneys, agents, and expert witnesses.
(2) An award for the reasonable expenses of the attorney, agent, or expert witness as a separate item if the attorney, agent, or expert witness ordinarily charges clients separately for those expenses.
(3) The cost of any study, analysis, engineering report, test, or project related to the preparation of the applicant's case in the adversary adjudication.
(d) The calculation of fees and expenses as provided for under paragraph (c) of this section shall be in accordance with the standards for awards as described in § 21.50(a) through (c).
(Authority: 5 U.S.C. 504(a)(1), (b)(1)(A) and (c)(1))
Title 34 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.