(a) In order to receive funds under this part for any fiscal year, a State must have—
(1) An approved application that contains the information required in this part, including—
(i) The information required in §§ 303.140 through 303.148; and
(ii) The information required in §§ 303.161 through 303.176; and
(2) The statement of assurances required under §§ 303.120 through 303.128, on file with the Secretary.
(b) If a State has on file with the Secretary a policy, procedure, or assurance that demonstrates that the State meets an application requirement, including any policy or procedure filed under this part before July 1, 1998, that meets such a requirement, the Secretary considers the State to have met that requirement for purposes of receiving a grant under this part.
(c) An application that meets the requirements of this part remains in zeffect until the State submits to the Secretary modifications of that application.
(d) The Secretary may require a State to modify its application under this part to the extent necessary to ensure the State's compliance with this part if—
(1) An amendment is made to the Act, or to a regulation under this part;
(2) A new interpretation is made of the Act by a Federal court or the State's highest court; or
(3) An official finding of noncompliance with Federal law or regulations is made with respect to the State.
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1434 and 1437)
[63 FR 18294, Apr. 14, 1998, as amended at 64 FR 12535, Mar. 12, 1999]
Title 34 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.