(1) The general administration and supervision of programs and activities receiving assistance under this part; and
(2) The monitoring of programs and activities used by the State to carry out this part, whether or not these programs or activities are receiving assistance under this part, to ensure that the State complies with this part.
(b) Methods of administering programs. In meeting the requirement in paragraph (a) of this section, the lead agency shall adopt and use proper methods of administering each program, including—
(1) Monitoring agencies, institutions, and organizations used by the State to carry out this part;
(2) Enforcing any obligations imposed on those agencies under part C of the Act and these regulations;
(3) Providing technical assistance, if necessary, to those agencies, institutions, and organizations; and
(4) Correcting deficiencies that are identified through monitoring.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1820-0550)
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1435(a)(10)(A))
Title 34 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.