34 CFR 34.18 - Issuance of the wage garnishment order.
(1) If you fail to make a timely request for a hearing, we issue a garnishment order to your employer within 30 days after the deadline for timely requesting a hearing.
(2) If you make a timely request for a hearing, we issue a withholding order within 30 days after the hearing official issues a decision to proceed with garnishment.
(1) The garnishment order we issue to your employer is signed by an official of the Department designated by the Secretary.
(1) The garnishment order contains only the information we consider necessary for your employer to comply with the order and for us to ensure proper credit for payments received from your employer.
(2) The order includes your name, address, and social security number, as well as instructions for withholding and information as to where your employer must send the payments.
(Authority: 31 U.S.C. 3720D)
Title 34 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.